Water of the Leith Services Renewals
Flood Mitigation and Service Renewals
Some of the 3-Waters infrastructure next to the Water of the Leith is around 100 years old. River bank widening and reshaping was proposed by the Regional Council and significant landscaping works were proposed by the University. This was an ideal time to investigate and design the upgrading to the water, wastewater, and stormwater services in the area.
Fluent Solutions was asked to design and provide technical support for the widening of the Leith for flood control and the renewal and relocation of services in the area – and what a lot of services there are!
Specific Services Included:
- Liaising with various parties involved, including the University of Otago, Otago Regional Council, and Dunedin City Council
- Investigation of most cost effective forms of upgrade including open trenching, re-lining, pipe cracking and thrust boring
- Design of works to relocate the water, wastewater, stormwater, and other services for the new construction
- Drawings and tender documentation for construction tendering purposes
- Tender Evaluation Report to DCC/University
- Construction Monitoring
The sensitive lining of 100 year old, beautifully constructed brick arched sewers was designed to ensure these historically important structures were maintained for future generations to admire.