Project Shotover Wastewater Treatment Plant Design
Technical Advisor to Council
Project Shotover is one of the largest and most strategic projects undertaken by Queenstown Lakes District Council. It sees the staged upgrade of the existing Shotover wastewater treatment ponds to a new state-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant and pond based effluent dispersal system meeting stringent discharge quality standards.
Fluent Solutions was appointed the role of Technical Advisor to develop and manage the technical documentation for a FIDIC based Design-Build-Operate contract followed by participation in the detailed tender evaluation process.
Specific services included:
- Expression of Interest Documentation and creation of a short list of participants
- FIDIC Design, Build and Operate (DBO) tender specifications
- Providing detailed and trusted engineering advice to the Client
- Evaluation of DBO designs
- Extensive tender evaluations and Contractor negotiations
- Attended HAZOPs and assisted in identifying and mitigating project risks
Throughout the process, Fluent Solutions provided advice on, but not limited to: odour modelling and control, process modelling, disposal field design and operation, civil works, treatment processes, risk management, and testing requirements for the DBO contract. An enjoyable and exciting challenge.
- Glendhu Bay Wastewater Treatment
- Green Island Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Larnach Castle Wastewater Scheme
- Lorneville Industrial Development
- Nugget Point On-Site Wastewater
- Palmerston Wastewater Irrigation
- Project Shotover Wastewater Treatment Plant Design
- Waikouaiti Water Treatment Sludge
- Water of the Leith Services Renewals