Lorneville Industrial Development
On-site Wastewater, Stormwater & Fire-Fighting Water Supply Design
An industrial subdivision was planned on the out-skirts of Invercargill City. Council did not have any 3- Waters infrastructure extending out that far. The design of stand-alone water, sewerage and stormwater systems needed to be completed for this greenfields site.
Fluent Solutions investigated and designed an on-site wastewater treatment and land dispersal design, evaluated and designed a fire-fighting water supply system and a stormwater attenuation, treatment and disposal system for the site.
Specific services included:
- Site investigations
- Soil permeability testing
- Design of on-site wastewater infrastructure with an allowance for growth
- Stormwater treatment, attenuation storage and disposal
- Integration of stormwater attenuation pond design with fire-fighting water storage
- Peer review of fire-fighting flow requirements
- Fire-fighting pumping station design
Dealing with a flat site with a high water table creates significant issues particularly in regards to on-site wastewater dispersal design and the control of stormwater runoff. Add to this the need to provide significant fire-fighting water storage to fight a fire in an industrial zone made this project an exciting challenge that Fluent Solutions enjoyed resolving.